Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

587 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The error should consist more detailed data. Like from which procedure, function or table such error was thrown. I assume my error has nothing to do with SQL Source Control, it's my DB ;)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I inadvertently put [] into lots of my column names and this broke RedGate. Google found something that might help explain:

I eventually fixed it by dropping the tables, which caused RedGate to run a create table statement rather than sp_rename.

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/509970/object-id-does-not-handle-object-names-with-square-brackets?wa=wsignin1.0

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can select multiple items by click/draging over the items, however it will only allow me to select what is on the current screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Do you have a wheel on your mouse? Once you highlight the items in view, just roll your mouse wheel to keep going down the list.

Another way to do this is to click the first row, hold the shift key down, and scroll down to the last row and click again. This will allow you to highlight everything.

Also, there’s a checkbox in the column header of the Commit/Get list if you want to uncheck/check everything all at once.

I hope this helps.
    Stephanie Herr
    Project Manager SQL Source Control

5. On the commit tab, if I select any row where changed by is not me a warning appears at the top "Some of the changes may not have been made by you"

This has the effect of pushing everything down the screen and what was under the mouse is now moved.

This is extremely annoying, it would be better to have the warning appear in a dedicated area of the screen that doesn't cause it to change.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I make a change and for some reason the code is reformatted and keywords are made UPPER CASE, it's almost impossible to see the actual change in the comparison view.

Please if you could just use another color if the only change in a line is about the CASE, it would be much smoother to use the tool.

Thank you for great tools!

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The list of conflicted objects can become so long that the message dialog becomes taller than the screen height. Since the dialog also lacks a scrollbar and cannot be resized, this makes it impossible to click Yes or No when prompted.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 26 27 28 30 Next →