Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

59 results found

1. When a repository is created from the database, both the package header and the package body are placed in a single file. It would be more usable if the spec and body were in separate files in the same folder with a .pks or .pkb extension respectively.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Neil Anderson responded

this will be in the next release of Schema Compare and Source Control for Oracle

2. Generate a script that contains all the synonyms that have been created to support the schema being version controlled.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Richard Mitchell responded

I believe this is a request for public synonyms which has been implemented in the latest release.

Please let me know if that’s incorrect.

3. Now the projects are listed in the order they were created. I would like to be able to sort them manually in a more logical order.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the upcoming release (this week hopefully) the projects are sorted by name on startup. Not quite the flexibility you were after but I hope this will satisfy you for now.

What sorting at startup means is that renaming a project will not move it in the project order until the tool is restarted.

4. If a column is renamed, Schema Compare for Oracle sees this as a drop and create, so during the table rebuild data is preserved asides from the “new” column.

Could you make this work similarly to SQL Compare and execute a rename instead?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve done the work for column rename detection. This will be a default option in the next release of Schema Compare and Source Control for Oracle.

It probably won’t be perfect but the option can be turned off if it causes problems.

5. Filter for object types in command line application (SCO.exe).

There are several cases when to apply only changes for specific object types (i.e. package, procedure, function) instead of all differencies. Such as in GUI.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can now be done via a filter file in the latest command line release. Although I appreciate that a separate filter file isn’t ideal.

These filter files are generated by Source Control for Oracle as object filters although they are a simple xml format if you want to generate them yourself.

6. As we have lot of objects in the schema, if we want to lok for a particular object we dont have search capability in the tool

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest versions of the tools have a filter capability on the check-in page to search particular objects.

(just doing a review of all uservoice requests)

7. I must prevent to drop any tables, because the database may contains other tables for another application.
    And yes , they are in same schema.

I need to deploy database changes on multiple databases, at client site, from a single snapshot.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the upcoming release drop table and drop column are both classed as high-level warning events which can easily be stopped. The command line tools as an option to not deploy if there are medium or high level warnings.

8. Allow for saving of database versioning in a sub-folder of the subversion repository rather than just the root of the repository.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Anonymous responded

This should now be fixed in the beta released yesterday (21 Feb), please do let us know if there are still issues!

9. It appears that Schema Compare does not support table types as columns. I have a table that had a type type added to it on dev. I compared it with QA and it correctly detected the difference, however, the migration script did not include the storage clause necessary for deployment. The statement it created is this:

ALTER TABLE xxproduct.auditlog ADD (auditvalue xxproduct.auditvaluetab);

It should have created something along these lines:

ALTER TABLE xxproduct.auditlog ADD (auditvalue xxproduct.auditvaluetab)
    NESTED TABLE "AUDITVALUE" STORE AS "AUDITVALUES"
    (PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS 255…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve been working on this lately as although it could create a new table the migration scripts were very broken.

Let me know if you want a pre-release version to try the fix out.

This will included in the next release of the tools.

10. For example, if I have several projects with multiple schemas in several databases, the Source Control for Oracle Tool may take several minutes to refresh the projects when the program opens. If I am only working on one database, I should be able to set the other projects to not auto refresh.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice if Source Control for Oracle could support versioning materialized views and materialized view logs.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been complete in v1.0.0.755 of Source Control for Oracle, available via Help→Check for Updates

12. We work a lot with table and columns comments, so they are mandatory. It would be nice to be able to compare the comments as well and be able to copy them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

this has been included in Schema Compare 3.0.0.542 and Source Control 1.0.0.707

13. Errorlevel is not updated by DCO32.exe if there are différences in data of two schémas.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the next release SDC should return 61 if there were differences or 62 if there were differences and the synchornization failed.

This hasn’t been thoroughly tested to any issues please let support@red-gate.com know.

By the way I can see you commenting on your own idea :)

14. The SID for my oracle instance is 10 characters. The connection wizard only allows 8 characters so can't use the product.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. System requirements for Schema Compare tell us about "Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 or later." Actually, the last version requires .NET version 4. The previous build required version 3.5 exactly. Such mess in versions frustrated me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Many thanks for reporting this Sergey, we have now updated that page. We are using some features in .NET 4 for the latest version, apologies for the frustration, we won’t be updating again for a long time now.

16. Put a border around the application frame so it's eaier to detect on the screen with 20 other windows open...

Much more importantly you need to add a way to cycle through the differences in the source control diff window by allowing to move through the changes instead of having to scroll. The blue is very hard to see in the side bar, too. Allowing simple text search wouldn't hurt either.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a border around the application. There’s also a “Previous” and “Next” button at the top of the differences pane near the bottom. This will jump you the Previous/Next difference within the script respectively.

17. Currently there is a 60 second timeout on all script executions for SCO deployment. I have run into situations where indexes on large data sets or table rebuilds on large tables exceeds that time frame resulting in SCO prematurely exiting the script deployment. The recommendation was to invest in better hardware. Unfortunately, better hardware cannot solve this problem where large data sets are in play. Having the ability to adjust the timeout default could help avoid such situations.

See for reference issue: http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/requests/16832

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Source Control Option

When comparing multiple schemas all objects of same type go into one folder (e.g. all tables from all schemas into tables folder). In Oracle you normally look at objects by schema then type rather than this other way round.

Please provide option (and set as default) to export into schema sub-folders then object type folders

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Brian Tufnell responded

This is now implemented in version 3.0.0.196 which you can get via the Help menu in the tool (Help→Check for Updates).

In this version multiple schemas are written to multiple sub-folders by default (the user just selects the parent folder) – we’ll look at adding a user-defined option to override this behaviour in a future release.

19. differences between a partitioned table and a regular one! how is it possible? it is basic !

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Oshrat,
    By default Schema Compare has an option on to “ignore storage” as many customers are comparing environments that have different storage options. You can however turn this off in the options tab before comparing.
    Do let us know if it’s that option that is in fact not working properly for you, but otherwise I’ll mark this as completed in a few days.
    Cheers,
    Michael

20. It is not generating the UserObjectPrivileges scripts correctly, it is using the folder name of the repository instead of the schema name we are versioning:

Here is an example:

GRANT EXECUTE ON "branches/devl/db/devl".function TO user;

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)