How can we improve SQL Prompt?

Execute current statement/block

It would be greate if you could make an option to Execute current statement/block/all staments from top to current stament (current=where the cursor located) when clicking Ctrl + Alt + F5/Ctrl + Shift + F5/Alt + Shift + F5.
So, if the the cursor located in a the middle of long script, and I'm clicking Ctrl + Alt + F5 it will execute the currnt statment like if I would have select the current statement and click F5.
Same for Ctrl + Shift + F5 and Current block and for Alt + Shift + F5 and all staments from top to current stament.
THNX

107 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JermyJermy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Execute current statement using shortcut  ·   · 

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kerikeri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is amazing and awesome. This one feature is what kept me from using SQL Prompt. Now, where is the setting to change the short cut and/or what is the current short cut?

• Michael StoopMichael Stoop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 votes given!

I'd love this feature and control-shift-F5 or E would be fantastic. I use sql prompt on a daily basis and this would really stop my hands from leavingthe keyboard to drag/select.

Additionally, I'd like to be able to distinguish between executing only the current STATEMENT and the current batch (between GO statements).

The trouble with executing the current statement will be that variables won't be declared. If it's just about splitting between multiple selects, a GO would be an easy way to only execute the statement that I'm currently editing.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Robert, yes, this is different than pressing F5. If there are 3 separate select statements, F5 will execute all 3 of them. Using Ctrl+Shift+E, it'll only execute the statement the cursor is on. I don't have to highlight the statement using the mouse and then press F5.

• Sterling HickoxSterling Hickox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've also used Devart SQL Complete in the past and this is the feature I miss most when using SQL Prompt.

Feedback and Knowledge Base