Skip to content

SQL Prompt

Welcome to the SQL Prompt feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Prompt at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Prompt, please visit the forums or our support portal.

SQL Prompt

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. Sometime, my sql query script have too much nested condition and I need to see the indent guides line like this image:
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qmpRo6zwZTo/U6EzoIkdw7I/AAAAAAAAAYs/ctAXWq5nPwc/w725-h316-no/Untitled.png
    It would be awesome if you include this feature in this product.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Find all occurrences of your search string in the results in datagrid mode. I know I should and could do this in SQL but sometime it is handle to find the customers name in a large set of rows.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The reason I would like to see the folders is strictly for organizational purposes. I have so many procedures and tables in one database that I have to scroll through them all to find what I’m looking for. If I could organize by schema (or however I choose) and very quickly and jump back and forth between the different folders, that would help me out tremendously. The SQL filter function is so slow when going back and forth.

What if I could organize sql instances that I'm connected to in one SSMS. Production and Development folders?? Just another thought.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show a visual indication when open transactions exist in a query window (@@TRANCOUNT > 0)

It could be changing the background color of the query window, and a number in the status bar showing the current transaction depth or something like that.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To get an ALTER script for an existing stored proc or UDF you just need to right click it in Object Explorer and select Modify. For views you can't do this. You have to select "Script view as.." then "Alter to..." then "New query editor window". It's only two extra mouse clicks but they are two very annoying mouse clicks! I was hoping this would have come back for SQL2012 as you used to be able to do this in SQL2000, but it hasn't. Redgate to the rescue?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1)Automatically name tabs generated by modifying a stored procedure in the Object Explorer. I noticed you added the functionality to right-click on a procedure name in-line and generate an ALTER script. That's AWESOME, and even more awesome is the fact that the tab is named by default. Usually tabs in SMS have some dynamically-generated name that's useless.
    2) add ability to rename a tab without saving the contents of the tab. Just a right-click->Rename
    3) Hovering over a tab should give you a pop-up with the first dozen or so lines of text in that tab.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1) add a possibility to set custom colours to tabs
    2) pin in/pin out tabs
    3) automatically set colour for executing queries tabs