Skip to content

SQL Prompt

Welcome to the SQL Prompt feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Prompt at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Prompt, please visit the forums or our support portal.

SQL Prompt

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. When cursor is placed on any line simple shortcut would insert exactly same line below and move cursor to the newly inserted. No prior selection of any kind necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User interface  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Request title:
    SSMS add a pane with a vertical list of open queries
    Description:
    In SSMS add a pane with a vertical list of open queries similar to the Object Explorer pane that can be docked/undocked that you can see the entire file name and quickly navigate or choose from the entire list of tabs of open query files to choose from.
    So, instead of horizontal tabs where the file name and other details that are partially hidden or don’t appear if many files are open, have an option to show a vertical list of open files.
    Add ability to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Selecting code then pressing CTRL brings up the action list, but only 6 items are shown in this list, meaning that for many uses, scrolling or searching (moving is required. A longer list (ideally user-settable) would mean moving mouse directly to most items and selecting is possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As we are using a dedicated group of virtual machines for using our high privilege accounts, we don't know at login time on which machine we will have a session. Currently the settings of SQL Prompt are stored under “…\AppData\Local...”. After each logoff we loose these settings. According to the Microsoft standards, the settings should be stored under “…\Appdata\Roaming...”. Could this be changed in a future version?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a consultant I move around to many computers. I depend on this product, but it is often a chore to keep track of where it is active. It would be a real quality of life improvement if I could just login to the machine I'm using and type in my redgate creds to activate sql prompt and get on with it. So often I'm running into an activation error, followed by a support call to find where the product is in use, then deactivate it, the activate on the new machine repeat, repeat, repeat...

I understand you make money…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I spent a lot of time setting up custom directories for various products/features and its frustrating how SQL Prompt resets this with each new update forcing me to go back and change all these paths/defaults back to what they were before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Similar to visual studio code, it would be good to have a find and replace all occurrences by highlighting what you would like to replace. This would then give you the option to type in what you want to replace. I know Sql Server has a find and replace function, however I just really like this functionality and think it would be a great addition to SQL prompt

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?